Sony has just announced that the critically acclaimed 2010 David Fincher (Seven, Fight Club) film, The Social Network, marking the creation of Facebook and the rise of its founder Mark Zuckerburg will arrive on Blu-ray January 11th, 2011. The 2-Disc Collector’s Edition Blu-ray set will feature 2.40:1 aspect ratio MPEG-4 AVC video with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1.
The film was written by Alan Sorkin, of The West Wing fame, and stars Jesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield, Justin Timberlake, Armie Hammer and Rooney Mara. The film’s unique and much lauded soundtrack was composed by Nine Inch Nails’ Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross.
Blu-ray pre-order is up for $23.99.
Special features include:
- Audio Commentaries
- Audio Commentary with Director David Fincher
- Audio Commentary with Writer Aaron Sorkin & Cast
- How Did They Ever Make a Movie of Facebook? (4-part feature-length documentary)
- David Fincher and Cinematographer Jeff Cronenweth on the Visuals
- Angus Wall, Kirk Baxter and Ren Klyce on Post-Production and Editing
- Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross and David Fincher on the Musical Score
- Ruby Skye VIP Room: Multi-Angle Scene Breakdown
- In the Hall of the Mountain King: Reznor’s First Draft
What do you think?